For information about Events DC expanding their venue portfolio to include Gateway DC, the unique special events and cultural arts venue in the heart of Congress Heights, please click here.
GATEWAY DC is an innovative and unique state-of-the art park and pavilion in the heart of the St. Elizabeths East campus. The pavilion is designed to provide a venue for casual dining, a farmers market, and other weekend and afterhours, community, cultural and arts events.
PARK AND PAVILION, Gateway DC is a city green space and pavilion with fantastic amenities and opportunities that allow for a wide range of magnetic events to occur.
WELCOMING COMMUNITY, Gateway DC is proud of where it stands in the center of Ward 8, where it can welcome visitors from across the city with dynamic entertainment and retail offerings.
FUN PROGRAMS, the pavilion is regularly activated with retail, community and opportunities for fun– featuring local retailers, restaurants and more.
The address for Gateway DC is 2700 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington, DC 20032 and for and the R.I.S.E. Demonstration Center is 2730 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE, Washington, DC 20032. We are located at the 3rd Gate located on the campus St Elizabeths East. The following directions are from the National Mall in Washington, DC.
- Head south on 4th St SW toward Independence Ave SW
- Take I-695 to Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE
- Take the 1st left onto Independence Ave SW
- Take the 2nd right onto Washington Ave SW
- Slight right onto the ramp to I-695
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-295 S/Nationals Park/6th St and merge onto I-695
- Keep left at the fork and merge onto I-295
- Take exit 3B for Howard Rd toward Nationals Park/Downtown
- Turn left onto Howard Rd SE
- Turn right onto Martin Luther King Jr Ave SE
- Destination will be on the right